European Forum Alpbach x gorelate
What does it take for successful digitalisation? How does event management work with Dynamics 365? And can you actually digitalise the wrong way? A conversation with Christiane Schwaiger from European Forum Alpbach.
For the European Forum Alpbach, gorelate implemented Dynamics 365 Marketing & Sales.
In our podcast, Christiane Schwaiger, Head of Operations at Forum Alpbach, gives insights into the project and talks about digitisation, its challenges and what the future holds.
The new episode is now online. Listen on Apple Podcasts & Spotify!
- Dynamics 365 Marketing was already in use, as was another event management tool
- Tool was not sufficiently connected to Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 Marketing App could not be fully utilised
- Event management: manage sessions & room bookings, manage speakers & sponsors
- Ticketing: setting up a ticket shop, coordinated invitation management, linking payment providers & sending invoices
- Mapping of the complex ticketing structure with different categories, timeslots and topics
- "gorelate already addressed our requirements very specifically, professionally and precisely in the preparation of the offer and impressed as well as convinced with the depth of the queries – and above all proposed solutions on the system", says Christiane Schwaiger from Forum Alpbach.
- Start with February, go-live already with June 2021 (start of ticket sales)
- Until then implementation of Dynamics 365 Marketing & Sales
- Together with long-standing partners FOCUST Management- & IT Consulting and Cookis Webworks, construction of a ticket shop and direct connection to Dynamics 365
- Time pressure & scope of requirements
- Important, then: Flexible and agile approach "on the go"
- Project manager Manuel Schalleck: "We were able to build up an understanding of the ticketing structure very quickly and also remain flexible when, for example, the category structure of the tickets was changed. As a result, the go-live also worked out on time!"
- Organisation of all participants via DevOps project: collection of all tasks, categorisation & prioritisation
- Regular jour fixes for coordination
- Above all, good communication proved to be the key to a jointly successful project
- Individual training of the EFA team, enabling them to implement more and more themselves
Shortly before go-live, Microsoft released a new feature for Dynamics 365 Marketing: Real Time Marketing – Real Time Customer Journey was implemented during the go-live phase
Automation & individualisation of the customer journey - incl. real-time updates & coordinated offers during the event
Integration of payment options directly in the ticket shop, which was seamlessly connected to Dynamics 365 – implementation via the payment service provider Stripe
„CRM is an attitude, a philosophy, a passion. We support our customers by sharing our know-how, experience and certified experts with them.“
Operating Manager gorelate GmbH